I am going to tell you a little story.
There was once 5 coworkers/friends who made a bet about exercising. The person who exercised the least number of days in a certain period would buy lunch for the person who exercised the most. The goal was 5 days a week. It was a fun bet, and everyone enjoyed the lunch out.
After that was over, they rearranged the bet. Another person was added, giving a nice even number, perfect for teams. The group split in to teams of 3, Team Kick Ass (KA to keep it work appropriate) and Team Bad Ass Buddies (BAB). The new terms were that the team who exercised the least would buy lunch for the team that exercised the most. Seemed fairly straightforward.
After the first week the teams were tied. After the second week, the teams were tied again. And finally, after the third week, yep, still tied.
People were getting tired. Instead of doing 5 days a week, like originally planned, everyone was trying to do 7 days, just to keep their team in the running. Missing a day felt like letting your whole team down.
There is still 1.5 weeks to go. Who knows if anyone will win, but we are all sure trying not to lose.
I am sad to say I am almost tired of yoga. 5 days a week was fun and refreshing. 7 days a week is burning me out. Sure I throw in the exercise bike occasionally, or some Wii boxing, but I am getting bored. I had to give up running due to shin splints. I would love to swim but don't have $100 a month to spend on membership to the places that have indoor pools. Spring needs to get here. I have a hankering for tennis and hiking. These short, windy/cold days are just not cutting it for me.
What do you do for exercise? How often do you exercise? Why do you do it?
2 comments:
I started doing Zumba, and oh my gosh! If you want to talk about a workout, this is it. And it's fun. Especially if you can do it with a friend, you laugh through the whole thing. I know they have Zumba for the different gaming systems, as well as local places you can go to join a session at a gym. Most gyms that do it around here even let people who aren't members attend the sessions, they just have to pay $3 or $5 each time they attend. Which really, it totally worth it. The number of calories you burn while you 'get your Zumba on' is incredible. Way more than the elliptical/bike/etc. You'd love it.
I do the elliptical and strengthening machines too.
You know, I keep wanting to try Zumba. I just haven't found a class that fits in my schedule. I'll need to try a bit harder, because everyone just raves about it and it sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment